Looking for something kid friendly AND educational to do? Knoxville and the surrounding area offers plenty of museums to fit every family. Here’s a quick list of just a few.
- McClung Museum of Natural History & Culture – Features a variety of permanent and rotating exhibits, including dinosaurs!
- Knoxville Museum of Art – Enjoy visual arts of past and present with a focus on artists of East Tennessee.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies – State of the art facilities with over 10000 exotic sea creatures in 10 themed galleries (Gatlinburg TN)
- Tennessee Aquarium – Located in Chattanooga TN this is one of the largest fresh water aquariums and has an adjoining salt water aquarium.
- The Museum of Appalachia – A living history museum. It is a pioneer mountain farm-village that lends voice to the people of Southern Appalachia. Absolutely beautiful and highly recommended
- Lane Motor Museum – Located in Nashville TN it features the largest European collection of cars and motorcycles in the United States.
- American Museum of Science and Energy – I personally love the work they do to keep the history of the Manhattan Project alive.